How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Manager, Team In Training
Location: Rhode Island Chapter
Position Classification: Exempt
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training® program is a fundraising campaign that trains participants to complete marathons, triathlons, hikes and century bike rides while raising funds to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- Reporting to the Executive Director, the Campaign Manager will be responsible for achieving fundraising goals by developing and executing a comprehensive plan of operation for the Team In Training program.
- Weekend and evening hours, along with some travel, will be involved.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops implementation plans for the Team In Training program including budgets, timelines, logistics, and related plans as assigned.
- Prepares and/or coordinates communication and records to cultivate, retain and recognize media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for staff support of volunteers required for implementation of assigned special events.
- Maintains and expands target audiences and implements assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Develop promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Develop and maintain assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitates campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's Degree.
- 2-4 years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience.
- Possession of a valid Drivers License
- Willingness to travel throughout the Chapter's region/area
This position includes a benefits package. EOE
For consideration, please email or mail cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Rhode Island Chapter
1210 Pontiac Ave. Cranston, RI 02920
To apply on-line, go to:Campaign Manager, TNT - Rhode Island
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.