How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Director, Light the Night Walk
Location: Oregon - Southwest Washington - Idaho - Montana
- The OSWIM Chapter is hiring a Fundraising Director to lead its Light The Night® Walk. Light The Night is a nation-wide fundraising event supporting the mission of LLS.
- Directly manage staff and motivate volunteers to grow and develop a $1+ million-dollar campaign throughout the chapter territory. The astute communicator/leader sought must possess the leadership and fundraising expertise to strengthen a growing presence in the community with a demonstrated ability to bring staff, volunteers and community leaders together to achieve a common goal.
- The Fundraising Director is responsible for growing all aspects of the campaign, including:
- Develop a comprehensive plan of operations for all OSWIM Light The Night Walks, including specific budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plan for each event
- Accountable for success of Light The Night revenue goal
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of each event
- Manages and assures that media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition
- Manages and assures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement each event
- Identifies target audiences and builds appropriate marketing and monitoring strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants
- Develops and coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of each event and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission
- Tracks income and expenses associated with each event and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports
- Recruit, develop and retain highly influential community volunteer leadership for event committees (team recruitment, logistics, public relations, etc.)
- Recruit, develop and retain fundraising teams (corporate, local business, community groups, friend/family groups, etc.)
Develop and manage the volunteer recognition activities and post event follow-up
- Ensure the maintenance of the event website and other online/social media presence
- Collaborate with chapter staff to identify individual, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The candidate must have a strong history of fundraising or sales and exceeding revenue targets. Preference will be given to candidates with previous experience in fundraising walk or special event programs generating $1M. The candidate must have proven ability to work with CEOs and other executives, lead volunteer committees and manage staff. The candidate must thrive in a fast-paced growth environment. This is a fundraising position, not an event logistical/planning position.
- This position manages a staff of two employees and works under the direct supervision of the deputy executive director. The candidate works in close partnership with the chapter's board of trustees, volunteers and other senior leadership staff to ensure fundraising priorities, strategies and revenue goals are met for this overall chapter.
Weekend and early/evening hours, along with some travel, will be involved.
- Superior relationship management skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled in time management
- Capable of leveraging and nurturing relationships with high-level volunteers and donors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Extensive volunteer management experience
- Solid public speaking and presentation skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented, and committed to excellence
- Self-starter with initiative and positive, "can-do" attitude
- Resourcefulness - ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to think creatively
- Good computer skills (word processing, database programs, and social media)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 3 years fundraising, account management, communication or sales experience
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience of 2 or more employees
- Valid Drivers License with the flexibility to work nights and weekends
This is a full-time salaried position based in our Portland, Oregon office. LLS offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
If you are qualified and interested, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, OSWIM Chapter
Attention: LTN Director Recruiting
9320 SW Barbur Blvd, Suite 350
Portland, OR 97219
Fax: (971) 230-2201
E-mail: Recruiting_ORP@lls.org (No phone calls please)
To apply on-line, go to: Campaign Director, OSWIM
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.