How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Senior Walk Development Manager - Light The Night (LTN)
Location: California Southland Chapter - Orange, CA office
- The California Southland Chapter of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society seeks a professional and high energy leader to work cohesively with the Light The Night Campaign (LTN) team to raise funds to support the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
- This position works under the supervision, direction and training of the Executive Director. The Sr. Walk Development Manager will be responsible for the development and management of Corporate Fundraising teams, Friends and Family teams and National Corporate teams within the Los Angeles area (new and existing teams). The Sr. Walk Development Manager will work with the Campaign Director in securing sponsorships and maintaining those relationships.
- The Sr. Walk Development Manager must offer superior customer service to all volunteers, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the year. The Sr. Walk Development Manager will coordinate, manage and facilitate all events associated with Light The Night events including but not limited to volunteer team captain meetings; recruitment events; Light The Night Kickoff events and working with all assigned Corporate, Friends and Family, and National Corporate teams.
Duties & Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develops implementation plans for assigned special events which includes budgets, timeline, logistics and related plans as assigned
- Manages and assures that media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for staff support of volunteers required to plan and implement assigned special events.
- Maintains and expands target audiences and implements assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitates campaign records, evaluations and reports
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in large volume fundraising, community organization, volunteer development and leadership.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Superior relationship management skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Capable of leveraging relationships
- Enthusiastic, goal-oriented and committed to excellence.
- Strong word processing and database management skills.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs
- Minimum of 5 years large volume fundraising
- Minimum required education - Bachelor's Degree.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
California Southland Chapter
Los Angeles Office
6033 W Century Blvd, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Fax: (310) 342 -5801
Online: Senior Campaign Manager
(Please include Senior Campaign Manager, Light the Night Walk in the subject line)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.