How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Donor Development Director
Location: New York City Chapter, New York, NY
Overall Responsibility: The Donor Development Director is responsible for donor development activity within the chapter's assigned area. This includes major outright gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving and donor stewardship activity. Additionally, the Director will oversee marketing, management and administration of donor development within the chapter.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision of the chapter Executive Director or assigned staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute an integrated strategic plan for the chapter's donor development program. Included will be strategies focused on major gifts, institutional giving, foundation giving, planned giving and donor stewardship activity.
- Responsible for direction and leadership in training, prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Directs fund-raising activities with prospective donors
- Responsible for creating and implementing strategies to receive major gifts for LLS programs.
- Cultivates relationships with key prospects within the chapter's chartered area.
- Develops a comprehensive plan to manage relationships between the LLS and it's individual, corporate and foundation sponsors/supporters.
- Works with Home Office staff in securing major gifts
- Develops and writes grant proposals for foundations, corporations and public agencies within the chapter's chartered area. Meets with those organizations that look most promising.
- Works with the chapter Donor Development department to enhance the donor development program, identify prospects and solicit individuals and institutions.
- Directs and organizes donor development volunteers and committees. Develops a committee structure that is effective and efficient.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and its programs to address them.
- Serves as liaison with groups and associations involved in major gift fund raising.
- Represents the LLS to companies and organizations within the chapter's region that are involved in the donor development area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in all aspects of donor development, including planned giving, major gifts, institutional giving and foundation giving, with a proven track record of donor identification/solicitation success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Experience managing complex programs and capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Highly professional demeanor.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years major gifts and donor development experience.
- Formal training in major gifts, planned giving and other donor development activities
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
New York City Chapter
Attn: Donor Development Director Recruitment Team
61 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10016
Fax: (212) 376-7095
E-mail: Recruiting_NYC@LLS.org (To apply for this position, please send your cover letter indicating your direct experience and resume to: Recruiting_NYC@LLS.org and reference "Donor Development Director" in the subject line.)
Online: Donor Development Director
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.