How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Director - Man & Woman of the Year, Student of the Year, and School & Youth Programs
Location: New York City Chapter
The Campaign Director is responsible for overseeing and managing the three NYC Chapter campaigns (Man and Woman of the Year, Student of the Year, and School & Youth Programs) including event and fundraising planning, budgeting and implementation within the New York Metro area. Campaign Director will be dedicated to further supporting the growth of a highly dedicated team. The Campaign Director reports directly to the Executive Director and supervises a Campaign Manager. They also work closely with the entire LLS staff as well as outside vendors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a comprehensive Plan of Operations for the Man and Woman of the Year campaign, concurrent with the Student of the Year campaign, and the School & Youth Program, which includes budgets, timelines, logistics, team recruitment, volunteer activities, sponsorship and fundraising plans
- Hold bottom-line responsibility for meeting aggressive revenue goals through participant and team fundraising
- Supervise and train campaign and support staff
- Plan and execute cash sponsorships and in-kind donation processes, including proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition
- Manage and oversee identification, recruitment and support of high level volunteer leadership committee which is responsible for candidate recruitment and directly impacts campaign revenue and awareness
- Track and adjust the campaign income and expenses; Compile and analyze comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports to find efficiencies and room for revenue growth
- Manage and assure the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of the Man and Woman of the Year Campaign including recruitment, flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Oversee volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement all MWOY events
- Assist in the development and implementation of other chapter activities
- Serve as an ambassador of the LLS mission and its programs to address them
- Minimum 8 years of professional work experience with 4 or more years of events management, project management, fundraising or marketing experience
- Strong staff management experience with interest in mentoring and further developing a team of managers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Highly organized and professional demeanor with a strong ability to multi-task and adjust to changing circumstances
- Strong computer skills and able to work with databases
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
- Ability to thrive in a goal-oriented, fast-paced, customer service focused, and team-oriented environment
Submit your cover letter and resume, and salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
New York City Chapter
Attn: Campaign Director Recruitment
61 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10006
Fax: (212) 376-7095
Online: Campaign Director, Special Events
?The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.?