How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Senior Campaign Manager, Fundraising and Events
Position Location: New York City, NY
Overall Responsibility: This position will be part of a team responsible for the implementation and fundraising success of two campaigns. Light The Night Walks are evening fundraising events that take place nationally and raised over $3.8 million in New York City last year. Man & Woman of the Year is a 10 week fundraising competition among leaders in the community which culminates in a gala celebrating the candidates. In its third year this event generated $1.5 million. This position supervises full-time staff. Salary range is mid 50s.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Campaign Director, and with an enthusiastic department, to accomplish objectives and revenue goals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a crucial role in leading the development of a comprehensive annual Light The Night strategic plan of operations inclusive of best practices enhancements, program budget, staffing assignments, task timelines, and additional significant events and/or promotions.
- Ensure plans and resources are in place to achieve, at a minimum, the program's approved net campaign revenue budget.
- Lead Light The Night Executive Leadership Committee (ELC) including but not limited to member and Co-Chair recruitment and management, goal setting, monthly meeting planning, staff management and Corporate Recruitment Event implementation to achieve committee?s high revenue goal.
- Recruit, develop and retain high fundraising teams.
- Cultivate, guide, motivate and support team captains and individuals with their fundraising plans and any Light The Night training and recruitment needs.
- Implement logistics for Light The Night Walk, specifically leading efforts for signage design and creation with vendors and logistics company.
- Manage high-level Man & Woman of the Year volunteer fundraisers to achieve their fundraising goals ($88,000 on average) leading up to and throughout the ten-week campaign.
- Manage, as assigned, the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them; ensure mission components are integrated in all program aspects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have 4-5 or more years fundraising and/or customer service experience with a track record of revenue growth.
- The detail oriented individual should have strong organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- The demonstrated leader should have exceptional relationship management skills and at least 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- A highly professional demeanor, along with solid public speaking and presentation skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated computer skills (Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and database programs) are a must.
- Professional committee management experience and graphic design skills a plus but not required.
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Minimum education is a Bachelor's Degree.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
New York City Chapter
61 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10006
Fax: (212) 376-7095
Online: Senior Campaign Manager, Fundraising & Events
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.IND123