How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, TNT
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining comprehensive initiatives that will result in new leads each season for the Team In Training program. Responsible for creating and developing partnerships with other organizations, stores, companies, etc. The position will require supervising volunteers, staff, partners, to meet and exceed annual lead generation goals for all 5 boroughs.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Team In Training Senior Director.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Team In Training (TNT), a fundraising program of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), is the world's largest endurance sports training program. The program provides training to run or walk a full or half marathon, a triathlon, a century bike ride or other endurance events. Participants raise funds for blood cancer research and patient services in exchange for personalized training, lodging and race entry. www.teamintraining.org/nyc
Lead Generation & Planning
- Conceptualize, implement, and manage seasonal recruitment strategies, timeline and lead outreach plans for Team In Training's New York City program. This includes creating and overseeing the budget, seasonal timelines, program logistics, and related plans
- Create a marketing plan to recruit for corporate and community teams , as well as partnering with the corporate development staff to create a unified recruitment effort
- Coordinate outreach, tracking, and analysis of TNT prospective participant leads using internal databases
- Schedule and plan all recruitment events
- Analyze performance of recruitment strategies/events to determine how they contribute to lead conversion
- Oversee the preparation of all written materials required for the successful implementation of marketing campaign
- Host seasonal grassroots marketing meetings with staff, coaches, and TNT volunteers to communicate marketing plans, as well as brainstorm how to increase lead generation and designate responsibilities
- Guide recruitment team to identify targeted lead generation and promotional strategies for them to execute
- Manage budget and tracking for all paid marketing efforts and vendor relationships (direct mail, print ads, street teams, direct eMarketing, billboards, etc.)
- Create, and manage a strategic plan to expand relationships with Community Partners
- The plan should include but not be limited to: proposals for partners to underwrite targeted TNT events/costs, use of their space for TNT events, TNT exposure via social media or other avenues, discounts for TNT participants, support of other LLS campaigns, etc.
- Create and conduct TNT recruitment/pitch to potential new Community Partners
- Cultivate and steward relationships with main VIP partners
- Identify new targeted partners as new events/sports are introduced to the program
- Train staff to lead and maintain relationships with community partners
Direct Mail and Point of Purchase Distribution
- Develop seasonal direct mail pieces, timelines, and mailing list selection
- Coordinate Point of Purchase distribution with Recruitment Team and Distributor
- Use tracking system to find trends to use in future marketing decision
- Work with colleague to lead the Alumni Ambassador Program. They will plan and execute grassroots efforts in their boroughs to recruit new prospects and alumni.
TNT Representative to LLS Chapter Marketing/Communication Department
- Create and review social media plan specific to TNT
- Coordinate local development of eMarketing Campaign and local promotional collateral, including both seasonal and general promotional initiatives
- Help plan and ensure the execution of grassroots marketing strategy
- Oversee three recruitment staff
- Interest in the mission of LLS Minimum of four to five years work experience
- Experience in marketing, lead generation, building partnerships, and/or corporate philanthropy, staff management
- Experience and proven success in relationship management, including VIP relationship cultivation and stewardship
- Experience and proven success in effectively managing multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, and professional demeanor
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment
- Strong public speaking and communication (oral and written) skills
- Staff Management
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications required: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook
- Experience working in a team environment a plus Must be able to work evenings and weekends (approximately 1-2 weeknights and/or 1 Saturday per month)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's Degree
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
New York City Chapter
ATTN: Veronica Perez
61 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10006
Fax: (212) 376-7095
Online: Campaign Manager, TNT
Reference "Campaign Manager, TNT" in the subject line.
No Phone Calls Please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.