How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Light The Night and Man & Woman of the Year
Position Location: New York City, NY
Overall Responsibility: Responsible for managing and implementing aspects of The Light The Night and Man & Woman of the Year campaigns for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. May supervise interns, volunteers and other temporary staff.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of Senior Campaign Manager to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a role in the development of a comprehensive annual Light The Night strategic plan inclusive of best practices enhancements, volunteer leadership goals, program budget, staffing assignments, task timelines, and additional significant events and/or promotions. Ensure plans and resources are in place to achieve, at a minimum, the program's approved net campaign revenue budgets.
- Recruit, develop and retain fundraising teams.
- Cultivate, guide, motivate and support team captains and individuals with their team fundraising plans, internal kickoffs, fundraising and any Light The Night training and recruitment needs.
- Implement logistics for Light The Night Walk.
- Responsible for managing crucial aspects and projects for the Man & Woman of the Year Campaign?s Grand Finale Gala
- Manage high-level Man & Woman of the Year volunteer fundraisers to achieve their fundraising goals ($88,000 on average) leading up to and throughout the ten-week campaign.
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them; ensure mission components are integrated in all program aspects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- The successful candidate will have 3 or more years fundraising and/or customer service experience with a track record of revenue growth.
- The detail oriented individual should have strong organizational and exceptional relationship management skills, along with demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- A highly professional demeanor, along with solid public speaking and presentation skills are necessary.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint and database programs)
- Must be able to work some nights and weekends.
- Minimum education is a Bachelor's Degree.
This is a full-time, salaried position with a benefits package.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
New York City Chapter
Attn: LTN/MWOY Manager Recruitment Team
61 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10006
Fax: (212) 376-7095
Online: Campaign Manager, LTN & MWOY
No Phone Calls Please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.