How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Classification: Exempt
Position Title: Director of Special Events
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, North Texas Chapter, is seeking a dynamic, strategic and seasoned leader in Special Events fundraising. The Director of Special Events, reporting to the Deputy Executive Director, will be a highly strategic thinker and a team player with seven to ten years of exceptional special events fundraising experience preferably in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. The qualified candidate will oversee existing special events and develop and implement a new major special event. The Director will continue to secure and expand recurring revenue streams, including expanding all major sponsorship for special events and grow participation in all Special Events. Additionally, the Director will be responsible for stewardship, marketing, management and administration of Special Events within the chapter. Also required are strong leadership and managerial skills, excellent interpersonal, verbal and writing skills. The candidate must exhibit a track record of securing $1M or more annually. Success working with volunteers and Boards is expected.
- Develops and executes an integrated strategic plan for the chapter's corporate and donor development for the Special E vents program. Included will be strategies focused on corporate sponsorships, committee development, volunteer involvement, and donor stewardship activity.
Responsible for direction and leadership in training, marketing, volunteer development and prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Serves as special events expert, overseeing and conducting data acquisition and analysis, gift processing, tracking and report of prospects and donors including individuals and corporations.
- Develops standards, monitors and evaluates all processes that influence the quality of services to donors.
- In partnership with the Executive Leadership, secures corporate, foundation, and individual monetary and in-kind support.
- Develops and manages a special events calendar and fund development plan for review and approval by the Deputy Executive Director.
- Creates and implements special events fundraising campaigns throughout the year.
- Conducts activities and events for potential donors, media members and others, as needed.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
Please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
No third party or phone calls please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
ATTN: Executive Director
8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75251
Fax number: 972-996-5990
To apply on-line, go to:Director of Special Events - North Texas
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.