How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Recruitment Specialist, Team in Training, Dallas and Fort Worth Markets
Basic Function: Responsible for assisting in all recruitment efforts. As part of the TNT team, execute lead generation best practices to reach chapter specific recruitment goals each season.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the TNT Director to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for lead management, conversion and cultivation of leads
- Assists with all primary communications (phone calls, mailings, emails, etc.) to ensure the success of recruitment events and to enhance public awareness of TNT, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and its mission.
- Leads and speaks at in person information meetings, grassroots marketing campaigns and open houses
- Organizes corporate recruitment events year round
- Assist with all follow up communication from all meetings, including outreach to attendees and no-shows
- Uses internal databases to track all prospect communication and meeting attendance
- Assists with the preparation of recruitment related materials
- Tracks information meeting statistics
- Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and other campaigns
- Works with the Community Outreach Committee and the Corporate Development Committees for recruitment efforts
- Performs other related duties, as assigned
- Aids with team management, when assigned by the director, in peak seasons
- Serve as event staff as assigned
- Volunteer Coordination
- Oversees recruitment and coordination of volunteers (individuals/groups) for TNT local event needs such as grassroots marketing volunteers, cheer groups and water stations.
- Works with all LLS campaigns to increase pool of volunteers.
- Manages all ordering, packing, distribution of materials and other preparation needed for grassroots marketing, cheer groups or stations.
- Plot locations for volunteers groups
- Recruitment and sales experience, phone sales experience required
- Strong follow up, communication skills, and organizational skills a must
- Strong public speaking skills required
- Ability to work with a team or independently, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, while maintaining attention to detail
- Skilled in computer operations and use of computer programs
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of work experience
- This is a full-time, salaried position with a benefits package.
Please send resume, cover letter, references and salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
ATTN: Nate Longfellow, Senior Campaign Manager
8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75251
Fax: (972) 996-5990
Online: Recruitment Specialist
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.