How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office, or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position: Campaign Specialist- Part Time
Location: North Texas Chapter - Fort Worth
- Manage all friends & family team captain meetings
- Conduct meetings and other communication with teams to assist with goal setting and team fundraising.
- Communication with walkers and donors: elecrotnic, phone, and in person meetings
- Developing presentations about Light The Night and LLS and presenting to groups as necessary
- Managing Tarrant County retail relationships as designated by Campaign Director
- Managing logistics and communication for events leading up to Light The Night event including corporate partnership events, kick offs, and happy hour networking events.
- Assist Manager with other duties as assigned.
- Work with Manager to assist with School retention to achieve School & Youth Revenue Goals
- Conduct in person visits with school coordinators to present the School & Youth program.
- Conduct school assemblies in the Tarrant county area to increase fundraising
- Deliver materials and visit vendors or sponsors as necessary.
- Maintain office supplies and systems and be present for visits and meet.
- Work with Dallas office to develop an efficient system of materials ordering
- Insure that all supplies (general office and campaign specific) are in stock at all time.
- Work with Systems Manager and national office to maintain functionality of systems and upgrade as necessary.
- Work with Systems Manager and Supervisor to develop and maintain a budget for office supplies.
Work with Team In Training Specialist to cover Tarrant County needs:
- Have an understanding of Team In Training program in Tarrant county including all teams, coaches, programs, and goals.
- Understand and be able to access Team In Training data management to be able to assist participants and staff as needed.
Experience and Preferred Qualifications:
- Excellent word processing and database management
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of standard business machines and computers.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter:
The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
North Texas Chapter
8111 LBJ Freeway, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75251
Fax: (972) 239-0892
Online: Campaign Specialist (PT)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.