How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position: Campaign Manager, Light The Night
Immediate Supervisor: Light The Night Director
Department: North Texas Chapter, Dallas
Purpose: The Campaign Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of all fundraising activities for two of three North Texas Chapter Light the Night walks. This includes high level volunteer recruitment, active team recruitment and management, securing new sponsorships and monitoring event revenue to meet and exceed goals.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of the Light The Night program including recruiting and retaining new and past participants and donors for the program.
- Program Strategic Planning - Assist the Director in the development of a comprehensive annual Light The Night strategic plan inclusive of best practices enhancements, volunteer leadership goals, program budget, staffing assignments, task timelines, and additional significant events and/or promotions. Ensure plans and resources are in place to achieve, at a minimum, the program's approved net campaign revenue budget.
- Recruit, develop and retain highly influential community volunteer leadership for event committees (team recruitment, logistics, public relations, etc.)
- Recruit, cultivate and retain corporate, media, and in-kind sponsorships and relationships in collaboration with other chapter staff/events
- Recruit, develop and retain fundraising teams (corporate, local business, community groups, friend/family groups, etc.)
- Manage and monitor the progress for events, including budgets, timelines, logistics and other related plans as assigned.
- Responsible for staff support of volunteer committee members
- Manage Revenue Tracking and Analysis - Develop system and reporting for all team third-party events and ensures accurate data captured per event. Conduct post-event analysis to direct planning of future events. Develop and manage the volunteer recognition activities and post-event follow-up
- Maintain the event website and other online/social media presence. Develop and manage the grass roots marketing plan
- Collaborate with chapter staff to identify individual, corporate, and foundation prospects
- Recruit, train, and supervise office part-time staff, volunteers and interns for the Light The Night Walks
- Perform other duties as assigned
- The successful candidate will have 4 years fundraising experience with a track record of revenue growth.
- The detail oriented individual should have strong organizational and exceptional relationship management skills, along with demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- A highly professional demeanor, along with solid public speaking and presentation skills are necessary.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, etc. are required.
- Ability to travel, as well as work nights/weekends.
- Minimum education is a Bachelor's Degree.
- This is a full-time, salaried position with a benefits package.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
North Texas Chapter
Attn: Light The Night Director
8111 LBJ Fwy., Ste 425
Dallas, TX 75251
Fax: (972) 996-5990
Online: Campaign Manager
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.