How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position: Part Time School and Youth Outreach Assistant
Location: North Texas Chapter- Dallas, Texas
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's North Texas Chapter is seeking part-time school outreach assistants to work 20-25 hours a week assisting the School & Youth program. A clear, concise speaking voice, strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent telephone skills required. An enthusiastic, sincere, mission-oriented personality is beneficial to the success of the position.
The individual will be responsible for recruiting North Texas area schools to participate in the Pennies for Patients and Pasta for Pennies programs. Outreach Assistants help children learn to make a difference in their local community. The position begins mid August through December 2014 with potential to be extended through March, based on performance.
We offer a supportive and hands on working environment where you can learn new skills and enhance existing ones. This is a great opportunity to experience working in a nonprofit environment while enhancing marketing, sales and inter-personal skills.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world?s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services. The North Texas Chapter is one of 59 national chapters. Annually, over 500 local families seek financial aid, education, information resources, and support groups.
· Work 20 - 25 hours/week at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society?s office in Dallas
· Communicate with a high volume of schools to get them registered for the Pennies for Patients service project
· Accurately enter data and maintain school records in database
· Attend and Participate in weekly goal setting meetings
· Maintain a working knowledge of the School & Youth Programs, LLS, and its mission
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects
· Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
· Professional demeanor
· Willingness to learn
· Phone and database skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Previous phone sales or marketing experience preferred
Please send letter of interest and resume to:
Steve Abrey, School & Youth Director
8111 LBJ Frwy, Suite 425
Dallas, TX 75251
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.