How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Director, Special Events Northern Ohio Chapter
Responsible for managing multiple complex campaigns including the Man & Woman of the Year and Leukemia Cup Regatta as well as marketing, management, budgeting and implementation for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the chapter?s chartered area.
This role will also be responsible for assisting and supporting donor development activity with the chapter?s assigned area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a comprehensive Revenue, Marketing and Operations Plan for assigned special events which includes a specific budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plan for each event.
- Drives revenue for the Northern Ohio Chapter through the expansion of volunteer funding resources, support and follow-up.
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of special events.
- Manages and assures that media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Manages and assures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement assigned special events.
- Identifies target audiences and build appropriate marketing and monitoring strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Develops and coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of the LLS and its mission.
- Tracks income and expenses associated with assigned events and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Cultivates relationships with key prospects within the chapters chartered area.
Develops a comprehensive plan to manage relationships between the LLS and its sponsors/supporters.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLSs mission and its programs to address them.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor`s degree
- Experience in all aspects of donor development, including planned giving, major gifts, institutional giving and foundation giving, with a proven track record of donor identification/solicitation success.
- 5+ or more years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing and management experience.
- Demonstrated staff management capabilities.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to :
Please no phone calls
To apply on-line, go to:Campaign Director - Northern OH
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.