How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Title: Recruitment Specialist ? School and Youth Programs
Immediate Supervisor: Campaign Manager
Department: Northern and Central Florida ? School & Youth Programs
Position Classification: Part-Time, Temporary
This is a 20-25 hours per week position based out of Orlando, FL. The hours are from 7:30AM ? 12:30PM. Start date beginning mid-August, ending on or before February 2014, based on performance.
Basic Function: The Northern and Central Florida Chapter is seeking energetic and articulate individuals to join our School & Youth recruitment team. The Recruitment Specialists will be responsible for the recruitment and retention of schools in Northern and Central Florida to participate in our School & Youth Programs (Pasta for Pennies and Pennies for Patients).
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Recruit and retain schools from designated counties and call lists to participate in our School & Youth Campaign
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society?s mission and its programs to address the mission.
- Represent LLS and the mission professionally while placing calls and sending correspondence.
- Build relationships with schools and coordinators.
- Data entry and management of schools? records.
- Prepare assigned reports.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Proficient in business English-- spelling, punctuation and grammar (oral and written)
- Previous telemarketing/sales, customer service, and/or fundraising experience preferred.
- Familiarity with school settings is preferred.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be a multi-tasker, possessing professional maturity and judgment,a positive attitude, willingness and ability to thrive in a team environment, be flexible, and be extremely persistent (as appropriate).
To apply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter including salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION) to:
To apply on-line, go to:Recruitment Specialist-Orlando
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.