Agenda for Day
9:00 - 9:30 registration and breakfast
9:30 - 10:15 Keynote Speaker - Ethan Zohn
10:15- 11:15 Managing and Navigating the Emotional Roller Coaster of a Cancer Diagnosis
11:15 - 11:30 BREAK
11:30 - 12:15 Oncology Rehabilitation
12:15 - 12:45 Nutrition
12:45 - 1:30 LUNCH
1:30 - 2:30 Breakout Discussions:
- opportunity to interact and discuss issues with others in a similar place in their journey. There will be sessions for those in treatment, completed treatment, advanced disease, and caregivers and loved ones
2:30 - 3:00 Relationships and Cancer
3:10 - 4:10 Professional Panel
- opportunity to ask questions of local professionals regarding a myriad of survivorship issues including, fertility, survivorship care plans, late effects, nutrition, and genetics
4:10 - 4:40 Using Your Story to Inspire
- special guest survivors will take a few moments to share how they used their
journey/experience to help the cancer community and empower others
- There is on-site parking. Expected cost for parking is $8 - $12; if you drive, please park near the whole foods and use the buisness offices elevators to enter the building
- The conference is metro accessible. The Microsoft Offices are located on the Red Line - Freindship height stop
- The conference is located in the Microsoft Offices on the 5th floor
- We will be provding breakfast and lunch. please be sure to indicate any dietary restrictions on the registration form
- There will be some great raffle prizes to win, inlcuding a getaway weekend, gift cards, and fit bit!!
Transportation to Conference
UPDATE! Due to limited interest in transportation, we will only be offering one shuttle opportunity for this conference. A bus will depart from the MD LLS Chapter located at 100 Painters Mills Rd., Owings Mill, MD 21117on Saturday morning. This bus will bring riders back to the MD Chapter Saturday evening after the post conference happy hour. This service will be provided at no cost. However, spaces will be offered on a first come first serve basis. There is plenty of free parking at the MD Chapter. If you would like to reserve a spot, please contact Tracy Orwig at email@example.com
We have booked blocks of rooms at two local hotels that are near the conference space. While we are unable to pay for lodging for this event, we have arranged for a discounted rate.
Courtyard Marriot - 5520 Wisconsin Ave., Chevy Chase, MD 20815
9/12/14 - 9/14/14; Last day to book by: 8/12/14
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate: 119 USD - 129 USD per night
The special group rate expires on 8/12/14, so please book before this "cut-off" date to receive a room at the discounted group rate. **Please also note the group rate does not include breakfast or parking. Parking is $15 each night for overnight guests.
Embassy Suites Hotel - 4300 Military Road NW, Washington DC, 20015
Parking is available for your guests at a nightly charge of $26.00 per vehicle, per night (pricing subject to change).
We can accept reservations up to August 13, 2014, after this date, any unconfirmed rooms will be released back to the hotel for general sale.
Reservations may be confirmed by calling the Hotel directly at: (202) 362-9300, or toll-free at 1-888-324-2728. Please ask for: Survivorship Conference block to secure the group rate. You may also make reservations online via our website: at www.embassysuitesdc.com. Select the "Book a Room" link on the website; enter your dates and the group code SUR on the group code line. All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit, or guaranteed with a major credit card. *note the hotel will be under renovation during the dates of this conference. Noisy work will be done during the hours of 9am and 6pm Mon-Fri and 10am-6pm Saturday and Sunday.
To see a map of the area please click on the link below