How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Sr. Campaign Manager, Special Events
Location: National Capital Area Chapter
The National Capital Area Chapter seeks a highly motivated, energetic and mature professional to serve as the Sr. Campaign Manager of Special Events.
Basic Function: Responsible for management and operations of key special events campaigns to include: Student of the Year, Regatta, IHOP Pancake Day, and the Leukemia Ball Auction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing operations and activities of key campaigns with an overall fundraising budget of $1,000,000. Events include Student of the Year (SOY), Regatta, IHOP National Pancake Day, Best of Washington and elements of the Leukemia Ball auction, Brian Orakpo Leukemia Golf Classic and Man & Woman of the Year.
- Direct management of Campaign Manager and support staff overseeing Student of Year, Regatta, IHOP Pancake Day and Leukemia Ball Auction.
- Team Lead for aforementioned Special Event campaigns ? to include: Leukemia Ball auction, Student of the Year, Regatta, IHOP Pancake Day, and one support staff for the Brian Orakpo Leukemia Golf Classic.
- Organizing the group into a strong and cohesive working team.
- Lead weekly Special Events meetings that will include School & Youth staff.
- Work closely with Deputy Executive Director (DED) to identify bottlenecks across all of the aforementioned Special Events campaigns.
- In tandem with DED, determine appropriate special events personnel to staff and manage pieces of each campaign.
- Oversee and manage the successful execution of the Student of the Year campaign, a new initiative in FY14. Cultivate and recruit participants.Work closely with participants to outline fundraising goals and ensure participants are provided with the necessary support to meet these goals. Pursue sponsorship opportunities to ensure overall campaign budget is met. Oversee planning and coordination of associated SOY events ? cultivation receptions, Gala Finale.
- Work closely with senior management to expand volunteer recruitment and engagement cross-campaigns. Encourage and display ability to ?make the connection? between Special Events and other departments specifically Team In Training, Light The Night, Man & Woman of the Year, Donor Development and Marketing.
- Together with the DED, work with staff to ensure that each special event has appropriate volunteer structure and plan (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to implement assigned special event.
- Work with staff to develop budgets for each of the applicable special events (SOY, Regatta, IHOP National Pancake Day and Leukemia Ball Auction). Track results, provide feedback and proactively take steps to keep events on track to hit or surpass goals.
- Work with Deputy Executive Director and Executive Director on strategies to grow each applicable special event (where possible)?make suggestions for the addition or deletion of events.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the mission of LLS and its programs to address them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven relationship management skills with volunteers at all levels
- Prior experience managing support staff.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor`s degree
- 5+years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience.
- A team player.
For more information, please send your resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attn: National Capital Area Chapter
5845 Richmond Hwy., Suite 800
Alexandria, VA 22303
Online: Senior Campaign Manager, Special Events
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.