How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Manager-Fundraising
Location: National Capital Area Chapter
Basic Overview and Function: The Campaign Manager - Fundraising will be responsible for maximizing funds raised for LLS across chapter campaigns to include (but not exclusively) Light The Night and Man & Woman of the Year.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Chapter?s Campaign Director of Light The Night to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cultivating and building strong relationships for the mission of LLS. Identify and cultivate long term volunteers.
- Oversee and manage assigned fundraising participants. Alongside participants, develops fund raising goals and an executable plan for reaching those goals.
- Monitor fundraising progress of assigned participants to determine appropriate strategies to maximize fundraising.
- In partnership with Director and Senior Campaign Manager, identify and cultivate top fundraisers.
- Identify, and in partnership with campaign team, help cultivate corporate teams, participants, and volunteers.
- Maintain constant communication ? via in-person meetings, telephone calls and email correspondence with participants and volunteers.
- Responsible for recruitment and management of past and new fundraising teams, participants, and volunteers specific to the campaign assigned.
- Responsible for collateral, website, and money reconciliation for the Man & Woman of the Year Campaign.
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Society?s mission and its programs to address them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills (word processing and database management)
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Minimum of 4 years? related fundraising, communications, management, marketing and/ or sales experience.
- Minimum education- Bachelor?s degree
Critical for Success:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Highly professional demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
5845 Richmond Hwy. Ste 800
Alexandria, VA 22303
Fax: (703) 399-2901
Online: Campaign Manager (Fundraising)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.