How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Assistant - Team In Training
Location: National Capital Area
The National Capital Area Chapter is seeking a Campaign Assistant to provide logistical and administrative support primarily to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training (TNT) program and as needed to other chapter campaigns and events as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
He/she will work under the direction of the Sr. Campaign Manager, Corporate & Community Outreach, to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities, including:
- Responsible for administering select ongoing programs and/or special projects (e.g. incentive distribution, travel logistics coordination, event and meeting planning)
- Responsible for event planning and preparation surrounding 4 recruitment seasons?securing locations for recruitment meetings, Kickoffs, Bon Voyage parties, Honored Teammate picnics, Mentor Meetings, Inspiration Dinners, etc.
- Responsible for preparing all materials, logistics and correspondence in conjunction with event to ensure flawless execution.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the TNT program including database management, materials and incentive ordering, processing program and event records, coordinating thank you process, filing and tracking expenses, preparing weekly fundraising updates, maintaining TNT office organization, etc.
- Assist with participant recruitment at peak recruitment times.
- Support Patient Access Manager when assigned admin support is unavailable.
- Provide logistical and administrative support to all chapter campaigns as needed.
- May be required to manage front office reception area - greet guests, answer phones - when administrative support staff is unavailable.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Displays professional maturity and strong judgment
- Positive attitude and a team player
- Ability to multi-task a must!
- Familiarity with Microsoft office suite products and general database programs
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar
- Minimum education - Bachelor's degree
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
5845 Richmond Highway, Suite 800
Alexandria, VA 22303
Fax: (703) 399-2901
Online: Campaign Assistant, TNT
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.