How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position: Team In Training ? Campaign Specialist, Fundraising
Location: National Capital Area
Basic Overview and Function: Team In Training® (TNT) is a fundraising campaign that benefits The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society by training and preparing participants for marathons, half marathons, triathlons, and cycle events. The Campaign Specialist will be responsible for maximizing funds raised for LLS through the Team In Training program.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision, direction and training of the Chapter?s Campaign Fundraising Manager to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities, including:
- Responsible for cultivating and building strong relationships for the mission of LLS. Identify and cultivate long term volunteers.
- Recruit, support, manage and retain program volunteers/participants focusing mainly on providing participant fundraising support by maintaining constant interaction with participants throughout the season, attending group training sessions, holding one-on-one fundraising strategy sessions, and planning and attending additional team fundraising clinics and events.
- Oversee and manage assigned fundraising participants. Alongside participants, develops fundraising goals and an executable plan for reaching those goals.
Monitor fundraising progress of assigned participants to determine appropriate strategies to maximize fundraising.
- Identify, and in partnership with team, help cultivate top fundraisers, corporate teams, coaches, mentors, etc.
- Maintain constant communication ? via in-person meetings, telephone calls and email correspondence ? with top tier participants.
- Train and manage relationships with top volunteers (mentors) to enhance fundraising for mentors? mini-teams.
- Coordinate details for assigned teams with Operations Team to include season kickoff, bon voyage parties, team socials, etc.
- Communicate appropriate information regarding logistical details to assigned teams.
- Prepare, coordinate and maintain assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports for each season as needed.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and it?s programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Other Position Requirements:
- 2-3 years fundraising / sales experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively and be highly organized
- Must be a team player and have a can-do attitude
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Possess strong word processing and database management skills
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings/weekends/alternative work week schedules (Tues ? Sat)
- Minimum education ? Bachelor?s degree.
For consideration, please forward resume and cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
National Capital Area Chapter
5845 Richmond Highway, Suite 800
Alexandria, VA 22303
Fax: (703) 399-2901
Online: Campaign Specialist, TNT
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.