How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Title: Campaign Manager- Charlotte Light The Night Walk
Location: North Carolina Chapter
Basic Overview and Function:
The Charlotte office of the North Carolina Chapter for LLS is looking for a Campaign Manager to conduct the Light The Night Walk. The Light The Night Walk is LLS's signature fundraising walk occurring each fall to celebrate and commemorate lives touched by blood cancers and raise funds for our mission to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and to improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Will work under the direction of the Light The Night Campaign Director to manage and implement all aspects of the Charlotte Light The Night Walk.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for recruitment and management of past and new fundraising participants and teams for the Charlotte Light The Night Walk.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate and community leaders.
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director to manage volunteer leadership and executive committees.
- Work with the Deputy Executive Director to cultivate and manage cash sponsors.
- Manage cultivation of community in-kind partners.
- Ensure growth of the campaign through motivation of participants and implementation of key fundraising elements.
- Identify ways to improve and grow programs to help take relationships and the Light The Night Campaign to a new level.
- Implement and lead a grassroots recruitment plan to cultivate and develop new teams for the Charlotte Light The Night Walk.
- Lead marketing efforts for the Charlotte Light The Night Walk.
- Manage budget and control expenses to effectively meet and exceed income goals.
- Develop walk plans with timelines to ensure implementation.
- Lead logistics efforts for the Charlotte Light The Night Walk.
- Lead logistics and planning of Charlotte Kickoff Celebration (July/August) and Awards Celebration (February).
- Recruit and manage temporary staff person between Kickoff and Walk day.
- Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission and its programs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising/special events planning experience.
- Excellent computer skills (document design and database management)
- Excellent presentation and communication (oral and written) skills; must be comfortable speaking in front of groups and conducting one-on-one meetings to educate, recruit and motivate participants to fundraise.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational skills.
- Event coordination experience a plus.
- Ability to be flexible, meet deadlines, establish priorities and work independently or as part of a team.
- Professional maturity and judgment with a positive attitude a must.
- Solid interpersonal skills and judgment.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and diverse populations.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion and commitment to the LLS mission are essential.
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree.
- Some nights and weekends will be required.
- Personal transportation required.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
4530 Park Road, Suite 240
Charlotte, NC 28209
Fax: (704) 705-1851
Online: Campaign Manager, Charlotte
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.