How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Recruitment & Outreach Specialist, School & Youth
Program Status: Position is part-time (25 hours/week), Monday through Friday during school hours, and temporary (assignment begins in August and ends in March).
- Seeking an energetic individual to join our School & Youth Programs recruitment team. Make a difference in the fight against cancer by recruiting Louisiana and Mississippi schools to participate in the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Pennies for Patients program.
- Pennies for Patients is a service learning, character education and philanthropy program that gives students a unique experience by makeing a difference through teamwork- working together to aid thousands of children and adults in fight against blood cancers, like leukemia.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Contact schools from a prioritized list via phone and email to determine their participation in the program.
- Conduct follow up calls to participating schools to cultivate and retain school partnerships.
- Maintain accurate notes about school status and callbacks.
- Conduct in-person meetings and school-wide assemblies in an effort to explain the program and motivate students and faculty.
- Attend and participate in weekly goal setting meetings
- Prepare and ship program materials to participating schools.
- Provide administrative support for the campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's mission and programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Clear, professional and friendly speaking voice, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid Driver's License; some travel required within the greater New Orleans area
- Comfortable public speaking
- Applicant must be comfortable on the phone and have the ability to multi-task
- Good computer skills in Work, Outlook and Excel, experience with database management is a plus
- Previous sales experience a plus
- "Can do" attitude and eager to learn
Please forward resume and cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.