Job Title: Campaign Manager
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, Mid-America Chapter, is seeking to hire a full-time Campaign Manager. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, with some nights and weekends required. Previous fundraising, sales, or marketing experience (1 to 3 years) required. This position is responsible for major fundraising campaigns including, but not limited to: certain components of Kansas City's Light The Night Walk. This position works under the supervision and direction of the Mid-America Chapter Executive Director, Development Director, and Light The Night Walk Director. Required Light The Night Walk dates currently include, but are not limited to: Kick Off Event (Sunday, July 17th), Kansas City Walk (Friday, September 23rd) and St. Joseph or Lawrence Walk (Saturday, September 24th).
- This position, at a minimum, is responsible for recruitment/management40 percent of walkthe Kansas City corporate sponsorship goal; 60 percent of all Kansas City corporate teams, generating sponsorships, and developing; all event marketing, communication and sponsor fulfillment; some new retail partnerships to fundraise in support of Light The Night Walk; ppartner reclanning and execution of the Kick Off Event; and other responsibilities as assigned by the Light The Night Walk Director. Kansas City?s Light The Night Walk has a gross revenue budget of more than $64,5700,000.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops a comprehensive Plan of Operations for assigned special events which includes a specific budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plan for each event.
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of special events.
- Manages and assures that teams and retail partnersmedia, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Manages and assures the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement assigned special events.
- Identifies target audiences and build appropriate marketing and monitoring strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Develops and coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Tracks income and expenses associated with assigned events and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Previous fundraising, sales, or marketing experience (1 to 3 years) required.
- Minimum preferred education of a BA or BS degree.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively and excellent time management skills.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy, and problem solving acumen.
- Good computer skills (word processing, database programs, internet, social networking).
- Demonstrated staff management capabilities.
Salary and Benefits
- This position is exempt, and benefits include paid vacation/sick, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) plan and more.
To apply, please send cover letter including salaray history and resume.
Please fax (913-262-2167) or email (Recruiting_KSS@lls.org) your cover letter (MUST include salary requirements) and resume.
Please, no phone calls.
To apply on-line, go to:Campaign Manager - Mid America Chapter
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.