How many people can answer the question, ?What do you do for a living?? with the response, ?I help find cures for cancer.? At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality:Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin?s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.?
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Light The Night
Location: Michigan Chapter - Madison Heights
Position Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Campaign Director, Light The Night
- Responsible for managing and implementing the Light The Night Walks in southeast Michigan. Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience with achieving dollar goals as it relates to direct sales, donor/client engagement and upgrading financial commitments.
- The Michigan Chapter Light The Night campaign raises more than $800,000, but with the potential for revenue growth of over $1M by 2015. Ideal candidates will be able to identify opportunities and execute strategies ultimately increasing revenue from fundraising teams while leveraging relationships to grow sponsorships and identify leadership volunteers in the corporate community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve/exceed aggressive revenue goals and meet expense budget for the Light The Night campaign
- Partner with chapter leadership to prospect/recruit and steward volunteers at all levels; cultivate existing and create new relationships for volunteer committees, including C-suite executives for event chairs and executive committee roles
- Prospect/recruit new teams and stewarding existing teams
- Coach and guide team captains and team members to establish and achieve/exceed fundraising goals through in person goal setting meetings with teams
- Develop and implement recruitment and retention team plans
- Manage current and cultivate new partnerships for retail sales
- Act as staff lead at assigned walk site(s)
- Identify/cultivate new retail and corporate partners and sponsors
- Identify/cultivate new and existing media and in-kind partners
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others
- Manage temporary staff as assigned
- Support other campaigns/programs as required by chapter
- Encourage and model standard for cross-promotion amongst campaigns
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campaign Director, Light The Night
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience within a non-profit organization
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to network, develop and leverage new and existing relationships. Strong relationship skills a must.
- Strong word processing and database management skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think creatively
- Management experience, particularly with volunteer committees, is a plus
- Must hold a valid driver?s license and have access to a car
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Attn: Campaign Director - Light The Night
1471 East Twelve Mile Road
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Online: Campaign Manager, LTN
No phone calls, please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IND123