How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Recruitment and Outreach Assistants - Tele-recruiting, Multiple Positions
Position Classification: Temporary, Part-Time
Reports to: Campaign Director, School & Youth
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 12:00pm or 12:00pm - 4:00 pm (20 hours per week)
Length of Term: (end date TBD)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with a high volume of schools primarily through phone and email
- Provides administrative, secretarial and clerical support for special events.
- Maintains assigned office, program and event records, files and data bases.
- Prepares event related correspondence and reports.
- Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent word processing and database management skills.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Knowledge of standard business machines and computers.
- Professional maturity and judgment.
- Clear, concise speaking voice
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office, word processing and database management skills
- Proficient in business English, spelling, punctuation, and grammar
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Fundraising and/or recruiting experience preferred
- Reliable transportation required
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Recruiting_MIM@lls.org then call 248-581-3912 and leave a voicemail message stating your name, why you are interested in the position and the email address from which you sent your resume. Only candidates that complete both steps will be considered.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1471 E. 12 Mile
Madison Heights, MI 48071
Fax: (248) 581-3901
Online: Recruitment & Outreach Assistant
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.