How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Maryland
Basic Function: Responsible for managing the Man/Woman of the Year campaign and Volunteer Leadership Council.
Work Direction: Works under the supervision and direction of the Special Events Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute FY 14 Man/Woman of the Year campaign in the Baltimore market managing 18 candidates raising an average of $26,000.
- Retain and a high-level volunteer leadership council in Baltimore in coordination with the Chapter Executive Director & Special Events Director.
- Recruit high-level volunteer leadership committee members from the 2014 class to join the 2015 Volunteer Leadership Council.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities In coordination with Special Events Director, develop a comprehensive Plan of Operations for MWOY 2015, Baltimore, which includes a specific budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing and sponsorship plan for each event
- Manages and assures that cash sponsorship, material, in-kind and media sponsors are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition
- Responsible for volunteer management (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to plan and implement assigned special events
- Identifies target audiences and builds appropriate marketing and monitoring strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants
- Develops and coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of the LLS and its mission
- Tracks income and expenses associated with assigned events and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them
- Posses history of recruiting, retaining and building highly-productive relationships with local philanthropic leaders including the corporate c suite, social and economic leaders as well as the grassroots community
- Proven experience successfully soliciting individuals, corporations and community groups for gifts in the $5,000 to $25K range
- Must have experience creating and managing a volunteer committee with fundraising goals and objectives
- Experience and success recruiting and retaining corporate sponsors, teams and executives
- Must have at least 3 years event fundraising experience, communications, sales, or marketing experience; direct sales experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen
- Quality computer and online research skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum education - Bachelor`s degree
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
100 Painters Mill Road, Suite 800
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Fax: (443) 471-1608
Online: Campaign Manager, MWOY
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.