How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, School & Youth
Immediate Supervisor: Sr. Campaign Manager
Location: Greater Los Angeles Chapter, School & Youth Programs
Purpose: Responsible for managing and implementing the School & Youth fundraising campaigns, Pasta for Pennies, Pennies for Patients, and Hop for Leukemia & Lymphoma for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the Greater Los Angeles region.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Assistants.
- Work with Sr. Campaign Manager to oversee all aspects of School & Youth fundraising campaigns.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaigns, including school fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, and timelines.
- Maintains and expands target audiences and implements assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain participants.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaigns, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaigns.
- Schedule and host assemblies and planning meetings for school coordinators and student participants to increase fundraising goals.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and school coordinators to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Build positive volunteer relationships through recruitment, mentoring, and providing support for fundraising goals, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to promote the fundraising campaigns.
- Prepares and/or coordinates communication and records to cultivate, retain and recognize media, materials, in kind and cash sponsorships.
- Administers select on-going programs and/or special projects (e.g. pasta party scheduling, prize distribution and wrap up, volunteer recognition event logistics, etc.)
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, and pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaigns.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Possession of a valid Drivers License
- Willingness to travel throughout the Chapter's region
- 2-4 years Fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning
- Able to supervise staff, groups of participants and volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Promotions savvy and bring problem solving acumen
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to travel within the Chapter's designated region
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
To apply, please submit a resume with cover letter and salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Greater Los Angeles Chapter
6033 W Century Blvd, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Fax: (310) 342 -5801
E-mail: Recruiting_CAL@lls.org (Please include "Campaign Mgr S&Y" in the subject line)
Online: Campaign Manager, School & Youth
No phone calls please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.