How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Sr. Campaign Manager, Man & Woman of the Year
Location: Long Island Chapter
The Long Island Chapter seeks a highly motivated, energetic and mature professional to serve as the Sr. Campaign Manager of Man & Woman of the Year.
Basic Function: Responsible for management and operations of key special events campaigns to include: Man & Woman of the Year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overseeing operations and activities of key campaigns with an overall fundraising budget of $350,000+. Events include Man & Woman of the Year Preview Party, Campaign Workshop, Kickoff, Midpoint Mixer, Grand Finale Gala, and Reunion.
- Direct management of Campaign Specialist and support staff overseeing MWOY.
- Organizing the group into a strong and cohesive working team.
- Lead weekly MWOY meetings.
- Work closely with Campaign Director to identify bottlenecks across all of the MWOY campaign.
- In tandem with Director, determine appropriate special events personnel to staff and manage pieces of each campaign.
- Work closely with senior management to expand volunteer recruitment and engagement cross-campaigns. Encourage and display ability to make the connection between Special Events and other departments specifically Team In Training, Light The Night, Man & Woman of the Year, Donor Development and Marketing.
- Together with the Director, work with staff to ensure that each special event has appropriate volunteer structure and plan (i.e. recruitment, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation) required to implement assigned special event.
- Work with staff to develop budgets for MWOY. Track results, provide feedback and proactively take steps to keep events on track to hit or surpass goals.
- Work with staff to develop best practices of managing candidates to ensure they reach their fundraising goals.
- Manage Leadership Committee to develop recruitment strategy across all Chapter Campaigns with the goal of recruiting 12 Candidates for the 2015 campaign.
- Oversee logistics and implementation of all Campaign events in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the mission of LLS and its programs to address them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proven relationship management skills with volunteers at all levels
- Prior experience managing support staff.
- Prior experience leading a volunteer fundraising committee and in fundraising
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor.
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor`s degree
- 5+years fund raising and communications, sales, or marketing experience.
- A team player.
For more information, please send your resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Long Island Chapter
1324 Motor Parkway, Suite 102
Hauppauge, NY 11749
Fax: (631) 370-7560
Online: Senior Campaign Manager, MWOY
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.IND123