How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: TNT Triathlon Coach
Kentucky & Southern Indiana Chapter
The position of Triathlon Coach is a contracted consultant position that provides coaching services to triathlon participants of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training program, the world's largest endurance sports training program.
Please note the time commitment for this position is typically 4-8 hours per week depending on weekend group training length. Team In Training coaches are compensated in one installment per season; compensation is in direct correlation with the number of teammates each season (and, thus, varies each season).
- Assist staff with recruitment efforts by attending information meetings and Kickoff Celebration at the beginning of the season.
- Develop weekly training schedules for participants at each level: beginner, intermediate and advanced.
- Coordinate and/or lead 2 swims and 1 bike/run group training session per week, including:
- Choose training courses and secure permits as necessary.
- Provide clear route maps to all participants and mark the course as needed.
- Establish water stop/SAG locations at appropriate intervals with a minimum of one station every four miles.
- Begin each session with appropriate warm-up exercises, stretching, and announcements.
- Ensure that all participants are supported throughout each training session and finish safely.
- Provide an emergency plan at all training sessions and communicate this plan to the participants prior to the training session.
- Recruit speakers for training clinics to be held in conjunction with monthly team meetings.
- Be available during the week, by phone or by email, to answer training-related questions.
- Attend seasonal triathlon event as assigned, assisting staff, as necessary, during event weekend and ensuring all team members finish the event safely and are accounted for at end of day. Triathlon coaches are expected to attend the event to support participants only, not to race themselves. -
- Obtain and maintain CPR-certification.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Commitment to the mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Works well with people of all athletic abilities
- Friendly, outgoing, and energetic personality
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Previous Team In Training experience is preferred, but not required. Experienced triathlete is a must.
Please submit a cover-letter, resume and list of references to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.