How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Director, Revenue ? Light The Night
Position Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
The mission of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma (blood cancers), and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Our biggest fundraising campaign is the Light The Night Walk, where thousands of participants raise funds for vital, lifesaving research and patient services.
The Kansas Chapter has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced fundraiser in the role of Director, Light The Night. This position is responsible for overseeing strategic planning, budgeting and implementation of the Light the Night mass market fundraising campaign throughout the chapter service territory, Wichita and Topeka markets. The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading fundraising events at the $250K+ level while articulating the vision and implementing the work plan to increase revenue to $400K and beyond. Successful candidates will have the drive and determination to establish Light The Night among the most well-known and financially successful grass roots campaigns in Wichita, Topeka and throughout Kansas Chapter.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet market-driven revenue goals and expense budget for Light The Night campaign
- Establish and implement multi-year strategic plans for the campaign maximizing revenue opportunities and ROI
- Coach and guide campaign part time temporary staff and volunteers to achieve and exceed fundraising goals
- Engage volunteers at all levels; cultivate existing and create new volunteer committees including ?C-suite? executives in event chair and executive committee roles
- Cultivate key participants and donors upgrading financial contributions over the prior year
- Steward Executive Leadership Committee to increase corporate revenue and sponsorships; Prospect for new and grow existing campaign sponsors
Strategically drive relationships with corporations, individuals and fundraising teams raising $5K or more as assigned
- Investigate and develop new walk sites as appropriate; evaluate the viability of existing walk sites
- Partner with other LLS campaign staff and volunteers to ensure logistics for all events are planned and executed successfully, that all spending is made at the lowest possible rate with the highest ROI ( Goal 10% and under)
- Develop and implement marketing strategy for the campaign reaching and engaging top fundraising audiences and key demographics
- Align efforts and establish strong partnership with other LTN leads throughout Midwest Region to advance fundraising effectiveness and event efficiency
- Encourage and model standard for cross-promotion among all priority LLS campaigns
- Assist with annual chapter events as assigned by Executive Director
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others on our goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Bachelor?s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years in fundraising or direct sales environment, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Proven experience leading a large scale fundraising event campaign
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively and meeting deadlines
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen
- Good computer skills (word processing and database programs)
- Collaborative and capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Demonstrated staff management capabilities with a variety of experience levels
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid driver?s license and flexibility to work some evenings and weekends (10% of the time)
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume, salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION) to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
300 N. Main, Suite 300
Wichita, KS 67202
Fax: (316) 266-4960
Online: Campaign Director
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.