How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Specialist
Position Location: Indiana Chapter
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Manage and implement many aspects of the Light the Night Walk and Man & Woman of the Year programs.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaigns, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines, and location of events
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the ongoing fundraising campaigns, including fundraising efficiency, community engagement and overall success of the campaign.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing support for fundraising goals, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to promote the fundraising campaigns.
- Identify and network with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaigns.
- Develop/modify marketing materials to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the organization?s fundraising, research and patient initiatives.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
- 2 years fundraising, sales and/or marketing experience
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship and goal driven
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- Required to travel within the Chapter's designated area.
- Required to work evenings or weekends as necessary for Campaign success.
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- Required to move campaign materials weighing up to 25 pounds for various events.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
9075 N. Meridian St.
Indianapolis, IN 46260
On-line: Campaign Specialist
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.