The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Illinois Chapter (LLS) is pleased to work with Alexis' Angels to bring a bit of holiday cheer to families living with a blood cancer and experiencing economic hardships due to medical expenses.
Alexis' Angels is a creative, holiday gift-giving program named in honor of Alexis White, a young lady who was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 15.
Inspired by the loving memory of their daughter and with the help of Angels volunteers, Jim and Patty White deliver holiday gifts to the children of families touched by blood cancer. Our Angels deliver more than gifts -- they deliver support and cheer during the holiday season.
1. Program serves families touched by a blood cancer diagnosis, where the patient has received active treatment within the calendar year (anytime in 2013).
2. All children (through age 17) whose primary residence is that of the selected household are eligible to be gifted through the program.
3. Families must be matched with an Angel in order to participate in the program (we will do our best to find Angels for every family).
4. Financial hardship assessments are based upon written summaries. No financial documentation is required.
5. Families must reside in Illinois or Northwest Indiana.
6. All information outlined below must be submitted to apply.
If your family meets the Program Guidelines, please complete the Application Form. If approved, you will also need to complete a Needs & Wishes List for each child (through age 17).
The Alexis' Angels selection process is based on diagnosis and need as described by the applicant. Therefore, no reporting of financial income or documentation is required from families. Alexis' Angels is a first-come, first-served program based on the date your application is received in the LLS office. However, LLS reserves the right to reject applications after determining the extent of financial hardship as described in the applicant summary.
*Completion of this application does not guarantee that you will be selected as an Alexis' Angels Gift Recipient Family.
If you have specific questions, feel free to contact Nida Rashid at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 568-7732.