Inspired by the loving memory of their daughter, Jim and Patty Wilson along with their family, friends and other generous volunteers collect, wrap and deliver holiday gifts to the children of families touched by blood cancer within Illinois. Our hope is that in addition to the delivery of gifts, our Angels will deliver the support and the cheer of your community during this holiday season.
1. Program serves families touched by a blood cancer diagnosis, where the patient has received active treatment within the calendar year (any time in 2014).
2. All children (through age 17) whose primary residence is that of the selected household are eligible to be gifted through the program.
3. Families must be matched with an Angel in order to participate in the program (we will do our best to find Angels for every family.)
4. Financial hardship assessments are based upon applicants written summaries. No financial documentation is required.
5. Families must be residents of Illinois, Northwest Indiana, or Kenosha County.
All families must apply for consideration. The Alexis? Angels selection process is based on diagnosis and need as described by the applicant. Alexis? Angels is a first come, first served program based on the date your application is received in the LLS office. However, we reserve the right to reject applications after determining the extent of financial hardship as described in the applicant summary.
If you have specific questions, feel free to contact Nida Rashid at email@example.com or (312) 568-7732.