How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Title: Campaign Director ? Special Events
Chapter Territory: Illinois and Northwest Indiana
Status: Full-time, salaried
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
The Director will be responsible for developing and implementing growth strategies for the following campaigns in the Illinois Chapter territory that total over $2 million: Regatta, Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY), School & Youth (S&Y) and Third Party Events. This position will be responsible for cultivating and overseeing high level volunteer committees. There will be a strong focus on corporate involvement and revenue generation within these campaigns.
- Personally manage the Regatta campaign, which currently consists of three summer events (Stand Up Paddleboard, Poker Run and Red Sky Night/Regatta), meeting stated revenue and expense goals
- Work closely with three volunteer committees on fundraising and event plans
- Act as liaison to host yacht club to coordinate and plan event weekend details
- Cultivate new relationships with local yacht clubs, sailing associations and sailing enthusiasts to bolster participation and fundraising
- Manage staff for MWOY and S&Y campaigns, ensuring they meet their stated revenue and expense goals
- Indirectly manage Special Event Specialist to ensure that Third Party Event partners receive excellent customer service and support for their privately held fundraising events
- Develop recruitment plans to increase boater, sailor, candidate & school participation leading to revenue growth in all campaigns
- Develop strong relationships with volunteers, sponsors & key corporate & community leaders to support growth of program
- Oversee staff cultivation progress to ensure increased fundraising averages for boaters, sailors, candidates and schools
- Identify and cultivate relationships with fundraising participants who have potential to make a significant impact on the LLS mission
- Identify, recruit, manage and cultivate corporate relationships to increase corporate involvement and revenue generation; secure, cultivate, retain and recognize in-kind and cash sponsorships
- Partner with Region Campaign Directors to ensure all campaign revenue goals are achieved
- Collaborate with the Manager, Volunteer Development to secure campaign honored heroes/Boy & Girl of the Year and ensure stellar volunteer support for day-of event activities and other program needs
- Collaborate with the Manager, Marketing & Communications (and volunteer committee where appropriate) to develop effective marketing materials for the campaigns
- Maintain accurate financial records and continuously evaluate statistical data for entire program; report and maintain accurate information on prospect development, revenue forecasts, conversion and stewardship activity; track income and expenses; facilitate comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with participants, volunteers and staff
- Ensure a strong mission connection for all participants
- Assist, as needed, in the development of other chapter activities
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Critical Success Factors:
- Must have a strong but welcoming presence/personality
- Prior experience managing and coaching staff to achieve revenue goals
- Ability to accomplish results through strong volunteer recruitment and partnership
- Proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals
- Demonstrated success identifying, implementing and growing corporate partnerships
- Manages relationships intuitively, able to think conceptually and strategically
- Thorough understanding of corporate charity decision-making processes and culture
- Ability to manage multiple priorities to meet critical deadlines
- Team player dedicated to ensuring that the programs are projecting a professional, cohesive and collaborative image at all times
- Bachelor?s Degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of demonstrate success in fundraising, sales or corporate development
- Five (5) or more years in proven success in event fundraising and in motivating volunteers to raise money
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Technically proficient with Microsoft Office and database programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, listening and selling skills
- Ability to create and deliver impactful fundraising presentations
- Ability to work various evenings and weekends ? especially during summer months
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and salary history to:
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
651 W Washington Blvd, Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60661
Email: Recruiting_ILC@LLS.org and please include ?Director, Special Events? and your name in the subject line.
Online: Campaign Director, Special Events
No phone calls, please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.