How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Immediate Supervisor: Managing Director (direct line report); Operations Director (dotted line report, Operations Business Leader)
Chapter: Greater Bay Area, San Jose Office
Basic Function: The Greater Bay Area Chapter, LLS, seeks an energetic, personable, efficient and hard-working Office Manager/Bookkeeper to manage all operations and finance working under the supervision of the Operations Director and the Managing Director. The position will also work closely with the National Office to ensure that the chapter is in alignment and best practices are being used. Each position will be an active member of the team ensuring the achievement of the annual operation plan through both facilitation of revenue generation and cost containment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with the Operations Director, accountable for the appropriate operational policies, controls and operational staffing systems to effectively grow the chapter and ensure its financial strength and operational efficiency. Ensures systems and process are in compliance with LLS policies.
- Accountable for office management, including lease agreements, liaison to property management and equipment manufacturers.
- Ensures office equipment and supplies for effective operations.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director, accountable for the office finance department, ensuring the development and management of the office administrative budget. Works with Operations Director on forecasts and required reports as directed and in keeping with the LLS and Chapter Strategic Framework and Operational Plan.
- Acquire general knowledge of all accounting databases used by the chapter.
- Conduct daily cash control procedures including sorting mail, processing cash/credit/checks, coding donations, updating database.
- Makes (non-cash) bank deposits.
- Code daily chapter financial records (e.g. cash receipts, deposit slips, invoices and vendor statements) and ensures timely submission of weekly templates.
- Monthly reconciliation and managing of the Business Travel Account.
- Processing Chapter invoices and expense reports as needed.
- Manages and implements the Matching Gift process.
Chapter Human Resources
Manages onboarding of staff and volunteers responsible for all chapter operations functions.
Manages and orients staff and volunteers responsible for all chapter functions, including financial management, office management and volunteer development; secures in-office interns and volunteer pool and manages work-flow.
Ensures campaign staffs are prepared for off-site events, including pre-event preparation instructions which outline financial control procedures, supply ordering and preparation.
Maintains a working knowledge of LLS mission and its programs to address them.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Critical Success Factors:
- Forward thinking individual who proactively works to identify and solve operational issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Initiative as related to financial accuracy.
- Ability to work with the National Office and other chapter staff.
- Internal Customer Service Focus.
- Ability to work across different functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field; 5-7 years of related experience
- Experience in Windows programs-strong knowledge of Excel required
- Strong work ethic a must; solid analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- May require occasional work after normal business hours
- Professional maturity and judgment; excellent decision making and problem-solving capabilities
- Solid negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Positive attitude and team player
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving capabilities
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
221 Main St., Suite 1650
San Francisco, CA 94105
Online: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Sorry, no phone calls please.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.