How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Specialist
Immediate Supervisor: Area Director
Basic Function: The Greater Bay Area Chapter (Santa Rosa) of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is currently seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as Campaign Specialist for the Light The Night Walk (LTN) Walk and Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) fundraising campaigns. The position will provide primary support for both campaigns. The support will include event planning, relationship building, management of fundraising teams, auction management and data management as well as developing relationships within the North Bay community.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing and organizational skills, a positive "can do" attitude and experience managing multiple projects to meet deadlines. Experience with technology-based communication platforms including email marketing and social media applications is preferred. In addition, general workplace application experience is desired.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of fundraising teams and individuals for the Light The Night Walk and Man & Woman of the Year fundraising teams.
- Assists Area Director or assigned staff in the development of a comprehensive Plan of Operations for assigned campaign. This would include strategic planning, budgeting, logistics, timeline development, volunteer recruitment, marketing and implementation activities for each event.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned campaign including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Management of communication - website management, electronic communications, social media, etc.
- Responsible for providing guidance and training to staff and volunteers required for the implementation of assigned campaigns. Manages and supervises staff as assigned.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports. Provides analysis and answers questions regarding campaign income and expenses as needed.
- Maintains operational systems and insures compliance for fiscal controls in order to track and maintain accurate records of fiscal transactions.
- Participate in various local networking activities to build awareness of LLS in the North Bay community.
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Critical Success Factors:
- From a customer service perspective, works cross-collaboratively to ensure growth in the LTN and MWOY campaigns through team cultivation and management.
- Manages multiple priorities and both internal and external customers. Ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Team player to ensure that the Northern California Chapter is projecting a professional image for both our overall brand and our local campaigns.
- Thrive in a high energy, fast paced environment, with the ability to establish strategy and tactics so that fundraising goals are exceeded.
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years of proven fundraising experience
- Proven volunteer management experience
- Excellent grammar, proofreading and copywriting skills
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Public speaking experience with the ability to make public presentations
- The highly organized individual we seek should possess demonstrated staff management capabilities, along with related special event and volunteer management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, etc. are required
- Ability to travel locally as well as work nights/weekends is necessary
This is a full-time position, based in The Greater Bay Area Chapter's Santa Rosa office. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION):
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
221 Main Street, Suite 1650
San Francisco, CA 94105
Fax: (415) 625-1155
Online: Campaign Specialist, Santa Rosa
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.