How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Senior Campaign Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Senior Campaign Director, Light The Night
Chapter: Greater Bay Area Chapter ? San Jose Office
Position Classification: Exempt
The Greater Bay Area Chapter seeks a highly motivated, energetic and mature professional to serve as the Senior Campaign Manager of the San Jose Light The Night Walk event.
Basic Function: Responsible for management, operations, and achieving revenue goals of the San Jose Light The Night Walk event.
Critical Success Factors:
- Recruiting, engaging, and managing high level corporate walk team participants
- Achieving walk revenue goal of over $1.3 million
- Ability to oversee key San Jose walk campaign components: fundraising, staff management, and operations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs management of San Jose Campaign Manager and support staff as assigned.
- Develops implementation plans for assigned special events which includes budgets, timeline, logistics and related plans as assigned.
- Manages and assures that media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition.
- Prepares and/or coordinates the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for staff support of volunteers required to plan and implement assigned special events.
- Maintains and expands target audiences and implements assigned marketing tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports as needed and facilitates campaign records, evaluations and reports
- Assists, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience managing support staff.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in large volume fundraising, community organization, volunteer development and leadership.
- Highly organized and professional demeanor. Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy, and problem solving acumen.
- Proven relationship management skills with volunteers at all levels
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Capable of leveraging relationships.
- Enthusiastic, goal-oriented and committed to excellence.
- Above average skills in Excel, word processing and database management.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Demonstrated project management capabilities.
- Minimum of 5 years large volume fundraising, communications, sales, and/or marketing experience.
- Minimum required education - Bachelor's Degree.
For consideration, please forward cover letter and resume.
Fax: (415) 625-1155
Online: Senior Campaign Manager, San Jose
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.