How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Campaign Manager, Light The Night (LTN)
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director/Campaign Director (or other designated member of management)
Supervision Exercised: May supervise two (2) or more employees, including Campaign Supervisors, and/or Campaign Assistants.
Department: Gateway Chapter - St. Louis, MO
Position Status: (F/T)
Purpose: Responsible for managing and implementing one (1) large or multiple large fundraising campaign(s) or project(s) for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Manage and act as a resource to Campaign Supervisors and Campaign Assistants relating to their fundraising campaigns and efforts, as well as provide input for hiring, promotion, performance, termination of those supervised.
- Oversee all aspects of large fundraising campaign(s) to include either the Light the Night Walk, Team in Training, School & Youth Programs, Man & Woman of the Year, Leukemia Cup Regatta, or special events.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines, and location of events.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign(s), including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants, and resolutions of problems.
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing support for fundraising goals, while focusing on the mission of LLS.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to promote the fundraising campaign(s).
- Identify and network with vendors to secure the best rate or donation of services needed for the campaign(s).
- Develop/modify marketing materials (brochures, recruitment, promotional flyers, pledge forms) to promote the fundraising campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-4 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning
- Previous experience as a Campaign Supervisor
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- In order to perform this job successfully an individual must meet the physical requirement necessary to complete the essential job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties.
- The physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- May be required to attend travel within the Chapter's designated region/area.
- May be required to use personal vehicle in the course of employment.
- May be required to work evenings or weekends.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Organization.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1972 Innerbelt Business Center Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63114
Fax: (314) 590-2260
To apply on-line, go to: Campaign Manager, LTN
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.