How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. You work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Augusta Campaign Specialist, Revenue
Reports to: Augusta Area Sr. Campaign Manager, Revenue
Basic Function: Responsible for working with Sr. Manager on managing fundraising efforts, committees, teams for Light The Night (LTN) walks and candidates for Man & Woman of the Year (MWOY) campaign. Supervisory responsibility for volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Sr. Campaign Manager in the development of a strategic plan to secure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships. Prepares and/or coordinates communications and records to cultivate, retain and recognize these sponsorships.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of campaigns including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for providing guidance and training to volunteers required for the implementation of campaigns. Manages and supervises volunteers as assigned.
Works with Sr. Campaign Manager in building appropriate marketing strategies for maintaining and expanding target audiences. Responsible for implementing these tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Recruit and manage Friends & Family teams and corporate teams for Augusta Light The Night Walk. Accountable for revenue goals.
- Assist Sr. Campaign Manager with managing candidates for Man & Woman of the year campaign. Accountable for revenue goals.
- Hold goal setting meetings with assigned teams and candidates and develop fundraising strategies.
- Responsible for tracking database on team/candidate efforts.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups and key donors to promote campaigns.
- Assist in planning and implementation of kick-off celebrations, mid way party, gala and walk.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others on our goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sr. Campaign Manager
Support other campaigns/programs as required by chapter
- 2 years fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning
- Able to supervise groups of volunteers
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and leverage new and existing relationships
- Strong word processing and database management skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think creatively
- Must hold a valid driver?s license and have access to a car
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends and travel throughout the chapter?s region
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor?s degree
Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
3715 Northside Parkway
Bldg. 400 Northcreek, Suite 300
Fax: (404) 720-7879
Online: Campaign Specialist (Augusta)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.