How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. You work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Man & Woman of the Year and Light The Night Walk
Location: Augusta, GA
Reports to: Sr. Campaign Director, Revenue
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Georgia Chapter is seeking a full-time Campaign Manager to join a dedicated and progressive fundraising team.
A minimum of two years fundraising or sales experience and a Bachelor's degree are required. Staff management experience is preferred. This candidate should possess excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills as well as strong written, verbal and presentation skills. Travel and work on nights and weekends will be required.
Basic Function: Responsible for managing fundraising efforts, committee, candidates and teams for Light The Night (LTN) Walk and Man & Woman of the Year campaign. Supervisory responsibility for volunteers and campaign staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Campaign Director or assigned staff in the development of a comprehensive Plan of Operations for the Man & Woman of the Year campaign and Light The Night Walk. This would include strategic planning, budgeting, logistics, timeline development, volunteer recruitment, marketing and implementation activities for each event.
- Works on development of a strategic plan to secure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships. Prepares and/or coordinates communications and records to cultivate, retain and recognize these sponsors.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of campaigns including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for providing guidance and training to campaign staff and volunteers required for the implementation of campaigns. Manages and supervises staff as assigned.
- Works with Campaign Director in building appropriate marketing strategies for maintaining and expanding target audiences. Responsible for implementing these tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Identify/develop and secure Light The Night Corporate Walk Chair and Executive Committee, as well as Man & Woman of the Year Chair and Nominating Committee.
- Effectively engage volunteers at various levels.
- Recruit and manage Friends & Family teams and Corporate teams for CSRA Light The Night Walk. Accountable for revenue goals.
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups and key donors to promote campaigns.
- Assist in planning and implementation of recruitment event, kick-off celebrations, mid way party, gala and walk.
- Act as staff lead for day of events, overseeing activities, staff, vendors and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign including fundraising efficiency, community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others on our goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campaign Director.
- Support other campaigns/programs as required by chapter.
- 2-4 years experience in fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, event planning
- Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and leverage new and existing relationships
- Strong word processing and database management skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think creatively
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends and travel throughout the chapter's region
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree
- Ability to utilize personal vehicle for out of office meetings is required
Interested candidates should submit a resume with cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
3715 Northside Parkway
Bldg. 400 Northcreek, Suite 300
Fax: (404) 720-7879
Online: Campaign Manager, Augusta
No phone calls please. EOE.
For more information about The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, the Light The Night Walk and the Man & Woman of the Year campaign, please visit our websites: www.lls.org/ga, www.lightthenight.org/ga and www.mwoy.org/ga
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IND123