How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Senior Campaign Manager, Revenue - Light The Night
Position Location: Georgia Chapter - Atlanta, Georgia
Reports to: Campaign Director, Revenue - Light The Night
Basic Function: Responsible for managing fundraising efforts and teams for Light The Night (LTN) walks. Supervisory responsibility for volunteers and campaign staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists Campaign Director or assigned staff in the development of a comprehensive Plan of Operations for the Light The Night Campaign. This would include strategic planning, budgeting, logistics, timeline development, volunteer recruitment, marketing and implementation activities for each event.
- Works with Campaign Director or assigned staff in the development of a strategic plan to secure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships. Prepares and/or coordinates communications and records to cultivate, retain and recognize these sponsorships.
- Prepares and/or oversees the development of all materials required for the successful implementation of the Light The Night Campaign including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc.
- Responsible for providing guidance and training to campaign staff and volunteers required for the implementation of the Light The Night Campaign. Manages and supervises staff as assigned.
- Works with Campaign Director or assigned staff in building appropriate marketing strategies for maintaining and expanding target audiences. Responsible for implementing these tactics to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain event donors/participants.
- Coordinates promotional activities to ensure the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Coordinates and maintains assigned campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports. Provides analysis and answers questions regarding campaign income and expenses as needed. Facilitates campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Manage assigned Friends & Family teams and corporate teams for Metro Atlanta walk site.
- Accountable for success of Light The Night revenue goals.
- Identify/develop new volunteers; effectively engage volunteers at various levels
- Identify and network with corporations, community groups and key donors to promote and generate revenue for the Light The Night Campaign.
- Oversee planning and implementation of kick-off celebrations.
- Act as staff lead for day of event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors and volunteers to ensure satisfaction of participants.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the Light The Night Campaign, including budget recommendations, vendors, volunteer goals, timelines and location of events.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign including fundraising efficiency, community engagement, event satisfaction and overall success of the campaign.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and the capability to educate others on our goals.
- Identify/cultivate new partners and/or sponsors to be involved with the chapter outside of the Light The Night campaign.
- Support other campaigns/programs as required by the chapter.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Campaign Director.
- 4-6 years of fundraising, communications, sales, marketing, or event planning experience
- At least one year of supervisory experience. Able to supervise groups of employees and volunteers
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively and independently
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and leverage new and existing relationships
- Strong word processing and database management skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to think creatively
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have access to a car
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends and travel throughout the chapter's region
- May be required to move campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Relationship driven
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history
(SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
3715 Northside Parkway Bldg 400
Atlanta, GA 30327
No phone calls please.
To apply on-line, go to: Senior Campaign Manager, LTN
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.