How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Operations Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Chapter: Georgia Chapter
Position Classification: Exempt
Basic Function: Responsible for managing all operational aspects of the chapter. Will provide leadership for a variety of strategies designed to create cost effective and on-going sources of volunteer development, community presence, and mission enhancement for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the chapter's chartered area. Assumes responsibility for Chapter management in all operational areas in the absence of the Executive Director.
Work Direction: Works with minimal supervision and direction from the Chapter Executive Director while managing multiple activities of other chapter employees in the performance of the chapter's annual Plan of Operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and ensures that the chapter has the appropriate operational policies, controls and staffing systems in place to effectively grow the chapter and ensure its' financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Manages and directs a staff responsible for all chapter operations functions, to include financial management, office management, information technology and volunteer development.
- Serves as the Executive Directors primary staff leader in providing day-to-day direction and training of chapter staff and volunteers in the implementation of strategic plans among all chapter operational areas (Finance, IT, HR, volunteer development, etc.)
- Takes a leadership role in sourcing, screening and presenting candidates for key chapter positions. Assumes interim responsibility for staffing voids as required.
- Oversees the coordination of training and orientation of new staff.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, develops and monitors the chapter's personnel policies and ensures they are in compliance with national guidelines.
- Oversees the chapter's finance department. Responsible for the development and management of all financial records and reports, as well as administration of the forecasting and budgeting program for quality assurance, thoroughness, and application to the Society's and the Chapter's strategic business plan. Reviews systems and processes to ensure proper internal controls are in place for recording cash receipts, disbursements, and adjustments. Ensure proper handling of funds, in conjunction with Campaign Directors, for major fundraising events.
- Working with the Office Manager, develops the volunteer program for the chapter.
- Responsible for analyzing, in conjunction with national IT department, the chapter's IT infrastructure and identifying related technology issues/needs.
- Develops data processing guidelines and ensures systems support is provided in a timely manner.
- Oversees the office management function. Maintains all lease agreements and serves as the liaison to property management. Reviews and ensures that property leases sufficiently meet the chapter's needs.
- Maintains a working knowledge of The LLS mission and it's programs to address them.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Skilled at exercising sound judgment
- Solid analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven staff management and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Solid negotiating skills
- Proficiency in fiscal management
- Training and/or solid experience in finance/accounting.
- Excellent computer skills
- Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
Please email all resumes, including cover letter with salary requirements to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
3715 Northside Parkway
Bldg. 400 Northcreek
Atlanta, GA 30327
Online: Operations Manager
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.