How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Job Title: Intern
Department: School & Youth
Title of Immediate Supervisor: Campaign Specialist
Position Classification: Non-Exempt
Principle Function: The S&Y Intern is responsible for providing a standard of excellent service whether for internal staff or external participants. They are to provide assistance and administrative support and day-to-day operations of the School & Youth Campaign. The S&Y Intern reports to Campaign Specialist for the S&Y Campaign to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide one-on-one support to School & Youth Campaign Director and Specialist
· Assist with seasonal mailings & participant correspondence
· Assist with various administrative duties as needed
· Continuous outreach and communication with participating schools and coordinators
· Maintain a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society® mission and its programs to address them
· Currently enrolled in a Bachelor?s program with junior level status or higher.
· Graduate of College with Bachelor?s in Communication, Marketing or related degree.
· Previous experience with non-profit a plus but not mandatory.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio, Publisher).
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
· Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects.
· Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
· Able to work well within a team environment, offering assistance and support to team members whenever necessary.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.