Help us help people with blood cancer and their families. Our dedicated community volunteers are the heart and soul of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). There are many different ways you can participate and make a difference in the lives of those touched by blood cancer.
You can help us with:
- School & Youth ProgramsWe are looking for an energetic volunteer to explain blood cancers to children at local school assemblies using a fun hula hoop activity! Assemblies are fun and educational and last for about 40 minutes. Volunteers must be energetic, love kids and be comfortable speaking in front of large groups of children! Please contact Sara.Shedlosky@lls.org for more information.
- Light The Night Walk
- Harrisburg- October 10, 2015
- Lancaster- October 17, 2015
- York- October 24, 2015
- Team In Training
- General office help
- Please contact Sarah Ozark at 717.652.6520 or Sarah.Ozark@lls.org to volunteer in our chapter office.
- Donor development
- Patient Services and family support groups
Every LLS fundraising event needs volunteers to do jobs such as:
- Planning the event
- Promoting the event
- Soliciting donations
- Registering participants at the door
- Assisting with set-up, clean-up and breakdown
Share your expertise:
- Let us know your area of expertise, such as public relations, marketing, finance, fundraising and event planning
- Serve on your local LLS chapter's board of trustees or a board committee
- Tell us what you like to do, and we'll find a volunteer role to fit you.
Please Join Us!
We need volunteers throughout the year. Each year we set our goals higher, and to reach those goals, we need you!
Your support and dedication helps fund lifesaving research. Thank you!