How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, as an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
Status: Fulltime, Non-exempt
Location: California Southland
Summary: Performs and provides oversight for diverse office functions and support systems for the chapter, including general accounting, preparing reports and upkeep of office operations.
Reports to: Operations Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and ensures that the chapter has the appropriate operational policies, controls and staffing systems in place to effectively grow the chapter and ensure its' financial strength and operating efficiency.
- Oversees the office management function.
- Oversees the coordination of training and orientation of new staff.
- In conjunction with the Operations Director/Executive Director, develops and monitors the chapter's personnel policies and ensures they are in compliance with national guidelines.
- Develops the volunteer program for the chapter.
- Liasion to IT department and identifying related technology issues/needs.
- Maintains assigned office, program and event records.
- Coordinates and codes daily chapter financial records. (e.g. cash receipts, deposit slips, invoices and vendor statements)
- Coordinates and maintains chapter financial records and reports as needed in conjuction with the Regional Controller (e.g. accounts payable/receivable, deposits, bank reconciliations, monthly income and expense statements, etc.)
- Provides general administrative management of office supplies, purchasing and business equipment.
- Coordinates and supervises assigned office functions and personnel such as bookkeeping, volunteer coordination and reception duties.
- Maintains a working knowledge of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society mission and it's programs to address them.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent excel, word processing and database management skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of standard business machines and computers.
- Professional maturity and judgment.
- Skilled at exercising sound judgment
- Solid analytical skills
- Proven staff management and leadership skills
- Excellent decision making capabilities
- Solid negotiating skills
- Training and/or solid experience in finance/accounting.
- Minimum education level - Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of related experience
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
To apply for this position please send cover letter and resume to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
6033 W Century Blvd, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Fax: (310) 342-5801
Online: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.