How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Campaign Manager, Man & Woman of the Year
Position Location: Orange, CA (California Southland Chapter - Orange County Inland Empire Office)
Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of the Man & Woman of the Year Campaign in the Orange County and Inland Empire area, and other potential special projects as assigned. This is a full-time position with primary responsibilities to recruit, manage and continually motivate the fundraising efforts of 15-20 community and industry leaders; and to recruit and empower a Campaign Committee of 20 leadership volunteers. The year-round cultivation of these high-level volunteers culminates in an intense 10-week campaign period and ultimately a Grand Finale Gala. Candidates must have a minimum of 2-3 years of solid volunteer/donor relations experience and a proven track record of reaching fundraising goals in the $250,000-$500,000 range.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, develop, cultivate and manage high-level volunteer relationships to impact revenue generation and expense reduction.
- Partners with chapter leadership to ensure revenue goals are met by identifying, recruiting, managing, and stewarding highly influential community industry leaders to serve as fundraising participants (i.e., candidates).
- Partner with high level volunteers to develop comprehensive fundraising plans and revenue goals with action steps to achieve success.
- Recruit, develop, manage and retain highly influential community volunteer leadership for event committee and sub-committees
- Develop campaign timelines and budgets, monitor income and expenses associated with assigned campaign, and maintain comprehensive campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Partner with campaign committee leaders to identify and cultivate corporate sponsors, in-kind, and media sponsors, through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, customer service, retention and recognition.
- Offer superior customer service to committee and volunteer fundraising participants, responding to requests within a 24 hour time period and communicating consistently with all volunteers throughout the campaign.
- Conduct post-event analysis to direct planning of future events.
- Develop and manage the volunteer recognition activities and post event follow-up.
- Collaborate with chapter staff to identify individual, corporate, and foundation prospects for further cultivation
- Take complete ownership of the campaign by overseeing that all elements are implemented to ensure the success of the campaign, including but not limited to event logistics, deadlines and benchmarks
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Superior volunteer and relationship management skills
- Proven track record of successful solicitation and cultivation of major donors
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled in time management
- Capable of leveraging and nurturing relationships with high-level volunteers and donors
- Ability to coach others to maximize their potential
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once
- Solid public speaking and presentation skills
- Team player with strong leadership skills
- Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented, and committed to excellence
- Self-starter with initiative and positive, "can-do" attitude
- Resourcefulness - ability to solve problems quickly and effectively
- Ability to think creatively
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years fundraising, volunteer management, or account management
- Valid Driver's License with the flexibility to work nights and weekends
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
(Please include Campaign Director, Light the Night Walk in the subject line)
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
California Southland Chapter
Los Angeles Office
6033 W Century Blvd, Suite 300
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Fax: (310) 342 -5801
Online: Campaign Manager, MWOY
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.