How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Title: Campaign Manager - School & Youth Programs
Works to create, manage, and implement all fundraising activities for LLS School & Youth Programs (S&Y). Works under the supervision, direction, and training of the Executive Director or another supervisor as assigned along with the Region Campaign Director to accomplish assigned duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all elements of the S&Y programs to meet and/or exceed revenue goals.
- Develop fundraising implementation plans for all S&Y program components, including a program timeline, recruitment plan, budget, communication plan & school visit logistics.
- Secure and conduct school visits (e.g. one-on-one and student group planning meetings, kick-off assemblies, drop by visits) within chapter area. Extensive local travel required January through March and light local travel in the fall and spring.
- Coordinate and maintain S&Y campaign correspondence, financial records and statistical reports and facilitate campaign records, evaluations and reports.
- Oversee hiring, training, and supervision of S&Y temporary staff, who are hired to recruit school for the S&Y Programs
- Prepare and coordinate S&Y campaign correspondence (via phone, web, print, and fax) to cultivate and retain working partnerships with teachers and school administrators. Campaign correspondence to include:
- Penny Times Newsletters
- Blast Faxes
- Monthly Exact Target Newsletters
- Welcome Packets
- Thank You Packets
- Localize national templates for the following materials:
- Recruitment Brochure
- Coordinator Guides
- Dear Parent Letter
- Honored Hero Poster
- Dear Educator Letter
- Oversee and actively participate in school recruitment, taking primary responsibility for spring recruitment efforts and recruiting past-participating schools
- Oversee and participate in ongoing communication efforts and relationship building with schools through in-person visits, phone calls and emails to increase fundraising averages and encourage annual participation
- Develop S&Y incentive structure and oversee implementation for top fundraising schools (e.g., banners, trophies)
- Maintain partnerships with existing sponsors/supporters and identify and secure new relationships
- Secure Honored Heroes for each school year.
- Develop and implement ideas to incorporate the mission into School & Youth Programs.
- Assist with chapter events and other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to deliver effective presentations to (K-12th grade) students and school educators
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- High degree of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and leverage new and existing relationships
- Tech-savvy with strong word processing and database management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to think creatively
- Two or more years of fundraising, sales, and/or marketing experience
- Must hold a valid driver's license
- Bachelors degree required
- Must be willing to work early mornings, as well as some nights and weekends
- Extensive local, chapter-wide travel is required, especially January through March; must be willing to attend and facilitate school visits
- Managerial experience is preferred
Please send cover letter, resume and writing sample to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
100 Chase Park South
Birmingham, Alabama 35244
Fax: (205) 989-0099
Online: Campaign Manager
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.