Region Special Events Director
Position Title: Region Special Events Director
Position Classification: Exempt
- Provide senior level direction for all Special Event campaigns within assigned region to achieve and exceed revenue goals including: School & Youth Programs; Man & Woman of the Year; and Leukemia Cup Regatta. Basic functions include the implementation of the national Special Events strategic plan within the region, ensuring organizational best practices are fully implemented within each chapter and campaign, recruiting and managing high level volunteers, oversight and leadership of all campaign revenue generation activities, oversight and management of expense and fiscal controls, staff hiring, training and campaign guidance, and marketing/promotions and logistics for Special Events within the assigned region. Works to develop synergy and maximize opportunities that exist within the chapters/region.
- Works under the supervision of the Region Vice President and National Special Events campaign staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to design and execute activities focused on increasing revenue and participant and volunteer engagement for Special Events in assigned region which includes specific revenue, retention and recruitment goals, volunteer leadership development plans, participant cultivation visits/events and communication, effective hiring and management of temp staff, budgets, timelines, logistics and marketing for each event/campaign.
- Partners with chapter staff and EDs to identify, cultivate and steward Special Event leadership volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing Special Event strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement, and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
- Partners with Region Vice President, EDs and National Special Events campaign staff to develop chapter and regional staffing structures that maximizes staff talents and allows the region to successfully and efficiently achieve goals.
- Responsibilities will also include supporting chapter staff in hiring, training and managing temp employees and interns to meet and exceed recruitment goals, and performing other campaign duties as assigned
- In partnership with the chapter ED, participates in hiring, guiding and training of campaign and support staff in program best practices with an emphasis on volunteer development and fundraising.
- Contributes to Special Event staff evaluations in partnership with chapter Executive Directors.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities for regional and national partnership opportunities, for participants, volunteer leadership, and sponsorships, as well as cost savings such as in-kind and media partnerships.
- Provides guidance to chapters, as needed, on prospecting and securing local sponsorships, and works with chapter and national staff on stewardship of sponsors.
- Partners with EDs and chapter staff to maximize volunteer management and development within the region. Participates in prospecting, recruitment, committee meetings, training, motivation, supervision and evaluation.
- Provides strategic guidance and participation for key events associated with Special Events; including but not limited to preparation for and participation in committee meetings, recruitment/cultivation events, fundraising planning meetings, school assemblies, kickoffs, event weekend, and wrap-up events.
- Manages and assures that both local and regional cash sponsorships, retail partnerships, in-kind sponsors, media and materials are coordinated through a regional plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, customer service, retention and recognition.
- In concert with chapter staff and EDs, develops relationships with key volunteer leadership and fundraising participants to elevate and maximize revenue impact.
- In concert with EDs and Region Vice Presidents, manages income and expenses associated with Special Events in assigned region and facilitates comprehensive campaign records, evaluations; and reports and takes appropriate action to ensure revenue goals are achieved.
- Completes national campaign projects under the direction of the national Special Events staff as assigned including, but not limited to, national tool development and updates, national and peer leader conference calls, etc.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Ensures that the LLS mission is integrated throughout the region to tie fundraising efforts and results to campaign revenue and volunteer impact.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must reside within the region s/he manages.
- Willingness to travel 50-75% of the time.
- 5-7 years experience in non-profit fundraising, sales, community affairs, community organization, volunteer development /leadership or corporate development.
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Resourcefulness and problem solving acumen.
- Superior relationship management skills ? able to work independently and collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Superior staff management skills. Highly organized and professional demeanor. Strong computer skills (word processing and database programs).
- Minimum preferred education ? Bachelor's degree.
Please forward resume, cover letter, and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION):
Director of Staffing
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
To apply on-line, go to:Regional Special Events Director