National Director, Campaign Innovation
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
- Position Title: National Director, Campaign Innovation
Reporting to the Sr Vice President Campaign Development, the National Director will provide organizational leadership and management to identify and develop new campaign revenue opportunities and current campaign revenue extension opportunities for LLS. Basic functions include the identification of new revenue concepts and extensions, development of testing strategies, partnership with chapter staff, volunteers and other national office departments to test the concepts, creation of metrics and analysis to measure test results and oversight of training and roll out.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Combs the LLS field and the general landscape to identify new fundraising campaign and extension opportunities.
- Develops a mechanism to ascertain which concept should be tested.
- Works with chapter staff, volunteers and national office colleagues to implement testing of approximately ten concepts/extensions per year.
- Provides training, tools, leadership and guidance to support chapters testing concepts and extensions.
- Develops metrics and analysis to determine the success for each test and makes recommendations regarding changes modifications to concepts as well as which concepts show promise for future development and roll out.
- Manages innovation fund and expense budget.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the LLS mission and its programs to address them.
- Ensures that the LLS mission is integrated to tie fundraising efforts and results to campaign revenue and volunteer impact.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years progressive fundraising and/or R&D product development experience
- Willingness to travel 25% - 50% of time
- Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Strong metrics development and analysis skills.
- Collaborative disposition.
- Comfortable building an innovation program from the ground up
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively.
- Resourcefulness and problem solving acumen.
- Superior relationship management skills - able to work independently but also collaboratively with a variety of personalities and leadership styles.
- Strong computer skills (word processing and database programs).
Minimum preferred education - Bachelor's degree.
For consideration, please forward cover letter with resume and salary history (SALARY HISTORY MUST BE INCLUDED FOR CONSIDERATION), to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue, Suite 310
White Plains, NY 10605
To apply on-line, go to:National Director - Campaign Innovation - LLS
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.