Director, Research Programs
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN WHITE PLAINS, NEW YORK AND IS ON-SITE, FULL-TIME.
We are offering a once in a lifetime opportunity to be part of a new and exciting research team in the rapidly expanding area of support for blood cancer research.
- We seek proactive, creative, ?Out of the Box? thinkers who can contribute their scientific and medical expertise to help drive our core objective ? finding cures!
Position Description: Director, Research Programs
- The Director of Research Programs at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society will directly manage and enhance our existing academic grants programs, provide support for new grant programs and develop grants related partnerships with pharmaceutical, non-profit and other organizations.
- The incumbent will also provide scientific and medical support as needed for LLS?s Therapy Acceleration Program.
- The incumbent will have oncology research and project management experience and work closely with the entire Research Department team to implement our research strategy and achieve our yearly goals.
- The position is located in our White Plains, NY headquarters.
Major Position Responsibilities:
- Demonstrated experience in oncology research and familiarity with blood cancer field.
- Experience in the oversight of a wide variety of timeline-driven projects.
- Strong organizational, facilitation and time management skills are needed.
- Must be proactive and willing to do a wide variety of scientific and administrative oversight.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills will be particularly important due to the collaborative nature of this job. Ability to work in a dynamic, unstructured environment.
- Experience with grants submission and peer review process is desirable.
- PhD or the equivalent in Biomedical Sciences, or related fields with a minimum of 5 years of relevant post-doctoral experience.
Who We Are:
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world?s leading private organization funding leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma research. Our mission: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin?s disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
- The LLS funds exemplary projects across the entire research continuum relevant to improved outcomes for blood cancer patients. From basic laboratory science through the development of new diagnostics and treatments to clinical trials, and from investigator-initiated research to private-sector drug development alliances, the LLS is determined to be deliberate and purposeful in finding and supporting research that is most likely to help patients, as soon as possible. To date, LLS has invested more than $875 million in research aimed at helping all blood cancer patients live longer, healthy lives. We will continue to support research through our innovative and integrated funding programs, until every patient has a safe and effective therapy.
Please forward CV and cover letter to HR@LLS.Org
LLS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply on-line, go to:Director, Research Programs - National Office
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.