Freelance Web Designer
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Position Title: Freelance Web Designer
Position Location: National Office - White Plains, NY ***This position is based out of the White Plains, NY office***
Status: Part-time: 4 days/week
LLS is searching for an experienced Web Designer to support its Marketing & Communications activities. We are seeking someone who can produce quality creative concepts in a timely fashion, with solutions and designs that adhere to the look and feel of the corporate guidelines.
Advanced skills required:
- Adobe CS5-CS6, font utility and system backup software in a Macintosh environment
- Able to take creative layouts and develop final online executions (from concepts to HTML development)
- Experience working within a Content Management System (CMS)
- Knowledge of Flash; experience with action scripting preferred, but not required.
- Deep understanding of and familiarity with web and online technologies
- 4 years of web graphic design experience in a graphics studio or corporate graphics department.
- Strong attention to detail (strong follow-up and follow-through)
- Ability to manage a multitude of projects
- Bachelor's degree. Relevant coursework in design preferred.
Online portfolio required.
Please send resume, cover letter along with salary history to:
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Director of Staffing
1311 Mamaroneck Avenue
White Plains, NY 10605
To apply on-line, go to: Freelance Web Designer
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IND123